Monday, May 23, 2005

Yes, let's hope this is the last car related blog

Monday-Yesterday it was so hot, all we did was look for car insurance. Our damnable slatted windows, I curse you and the fact that you won't allow us to get an air conditioner.

The State Farm website wouldn't give us our insurance card online so we had to wait. I sent Daryl to do it since I had to work yet again. We picked up the car today. When they drove it out to us, the trunk latch was fixed, but there was a weird squeak every time you tapped the accelerator. Daryl did not like the sound of that and it just goes to show you that you should start the car from a cold start without any of the distractions of a blaring radio or air conditioner. (Just like www.edmunds.com says.) Once again we waited for a long time before the mechanic, who was at lunch, came back and fixed the squeak. More New Yorker articles, this time I read about Sonny Rollins. Cool.

So Daryl drove the new car, and I drove (gulp!) the rental back home. I didn't have a nervous breakdown so I think I may be getting used to driving...maybe...anyway I got home in one piece and drove to the grocery store and then parked on the street. Tomorrow I get to drive it again, this time in rush hour traffic to return it to the rental office. And then I get to work a long day for yet another documentary. This one is on the movement to restore the land where the Hetch Hetchy dam is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home