Thursday, June 30, 2005

Birthdays and Houseguests

Thursday-People keep asking me what I did on my birthday. Well, I worked, came home and ate dinner, (which Daryl cooked, by the way), watched a bit of TV and then went to bed. For some reason, I'm supposed to make everyone aware that it's my birthday, but I'm having a party on the 1st and I feel like I can have the "Happy Birthday"s and the like then. I don't feel a great need to recognize my birth. But it is nice to get presents. My mother nearly forgot what day I was born. But it was a great day, I thought. I did everything I wanted to do and then I got dinner cooked for me and some nice down time with my husband. What more could I want? I think I should celebrate my birthday for a season and have a birthday season. That way, I can enjoy myself for at least three months. Or maybe I should make it for an entire year. Then, I wouldn't have to stop enjoying myself at all.

Elise, Diane, and Mike Fiegel came to town today from SF. Diane is staying with us and I am just glad that the sandblasting has stopped across the street. It's been mind-numbingly loud from 8a to 4p every day this week. Daryl tells me that they just stopped yesterday. Not that it's any less noisy, mind you, it's just that the sound of the sandblasting actually hurts after a while. Daryl had to wear earplugs because after one day of not wearing them he heard ringing in his ears for the rest of the night. After work, we all met at Puran's with another one of Elise's friends in LA, Rachel, who works at Amoeba Music here. And then Daryl and I had our very first houseguest in our new place. Daryl spent most of the day cleaning up the place because she's allergic to cats. (We warned her and she brought Zyrtec-and earplugs.) Maybe I should tell him we're going to have guests every week so he can clean the place up. He also went a bit crazy getting food and drinks for the party tomorrow. I looked in the fridge and it looked like it was full of soft drinks. and we have many, many bags of chips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home