Friday, July 01, 2005

Party, party, party!

Friday-I cajoled Christian into going to get flowers today. So Daryl and I were out the door at 8a to pick up Christian, who needed coffee and food to get started. After coffee and the breakfast burrito, we hopped down to the flower market and got some beautiful roses to decorate our apartment. I bought four dozen this time and another vase. Christian is thinking of getting a membership there so he can get there even earlier. And then we got 3 cases of young coconuts. Yum. We shopped for party food and the bagger at the store guessed I was 25. Now that's what you want to hear on your 35th birthday, right? When we got back, Diane was still asleep, poor thing, she was on two diffferent drugs to sleep and had earplugs. I made Daryl take out some of the crazy amount of sodapops he had in the fridge so I could actually put my groceries in. Diane was up and running by the time the flowers were place and Daryl left to get the cakes from Urth Cafe. (They were very expensive, but they are the best cakes ever. Really. And I'm not normally a fan of chocolate cake, but these cakes, as Daryl says, "kick ass.") The same crowd from last night went to Canter's. I was so mad when I found a noodle in my soup. What if I had been allergic and had an allergic reaction? Would they be willing to pay my medical bills? Or could they just get some direction right and give me soup that's not contaminated. I mean, I went over it with the waiter. I was dead tired when I got up but I didn't really feel it until the afternoon and then I seriously wanted a nap, but I couldn't because I wanted to bake some bread (I had a craving for a grilled cheese sandwich.) and prep food for dinner for the party. Daryl tells me not to worry about cooking, but I'm insane. So once I get it into my head that I'm going to cook, I cook a large vegetarian dinner. The whole crowd came back to play games and chat and it was nice to have people around to talk to just like in SF. The cat was none too happy, but she just has to learn how to get along and this is part of the process. Christian, Cari, (a client), Cari's husband, Michael, and Maurissa and her friend Josh came by. It was really fun and I got a box grater, an aim-n-flame, ayurvedic lotion, and lillies for presents. So cool! They were exactly what I wanted! People here played games and chatted and Daryl was practically hopping with delight to finally have people over. I made pakora, masoor dal, ghisoda and rice for people and then we all ate the fantastic chocolate cakes (including a flourless chocolate cake). The fridge is full of food now. We even gave people young coconuts to drink from. I have to say it was a nice party and the cat did better than expected although she did hiss and meow at people. And the roses were beautiful. Christian brought by two of his very fragrant lillies and the fragrances mixed very nicely. He also got tickets for us to go to see the Taiko Drums concert coming up. Such a great present!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home