Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A desk for $20 and 12 salad forks for $8.

Tuesday-We took a page from Maurissa and went to Goodwill looking for a desk for our storage roo-sorry, our office. We found a desk that Daryl loved and it was only $20. I wanted to check out other furniture places so we vsisted what I think is furniture store row. But Daryl really loved that desk so we stowed it in the car, which, as it turns out, has back seats that go down to allow more storage space for the trunk. Well, you learn something new every day. We also checked out a chef's store called Surfas on Venice. They have great chef stuff there, from gourmet food to a bunch of plastic baskets for fast food joints to huge commercial freezers and dishwashers-and parts for them for repair. I found 12 salad forks for $8. We got them for Christian because he has no forks. (He cooked food the last time he went to Burning Man and brought his own silverware, and then never saw the forks again.) I also tried to make the Vietnamese dish I'd been raving about and discovered I'd bought the wrong kind of noodles. Then I tried to make my own spring roll wrappers and that was disastrous. Next time, I'm finding gluten free ones before I attempt that again. Daryl did find it amusing, however.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home