Saturday, June 04, 2005

Leo Carillo was Pancho from The Cisco Kid

Saturday-We went to Leo Carillo state park just past Malibu on the Pacific Coast Highway. We went to see the tidepools, which on that day were lowest at 2am, and then again at 2p. I had an acupuncture appointment at 9:30a wherein I was left to sleep for about an hour-with needles sticking in me. Then, I had glass cups applied with suction to my back, which were then moved up and down and across my back . Yeowch! We got some breakfast at Swingers in Santa Monica. We saw Elijah Wood there smoking outside. Yuck. The waitress messed up my order and gave me toast when I asked for no bread. Sigh. Daryl sent the food back and they tried again. All I wanted was a fried egg and some bacon. The day was a bit foggy so there were not that many people out, unless you count the really dedicated surfers. We found the park and paid to park in the lot and then found out people could park in the street fairly nearby for nothing. State of California:1, D'Alice: 0. The tidepools were not that exciting, but I tried to take a few pictures of interesting crabs, who were all a whole lot faster than me. I think we have to wait until the tide gets much lower and I don't think that's going to happen until June 27th. After we played in the tidepools a bit, we had a snack and thought we could go for a hike. Daryl showed me the hill that we'd be climbing and I was a bit wary but we did it. The trail was overgrown and there were places where the trail had to be traversed with your back against the hill, moving sideways. Some of the plants were so high they were higher than me and the prickly ones would slap my bare arms. Lucky that I was wearing jeans or I'd have scars all over my legs. We took a trail that had switchbacks up the hill (the harder trail, I might add) and then took the winding trail down the other side. This trail was easier but also took longer. On the bright side, it wasn't on the bright side of the hill with the afternoon sun and we got the breeze from off the ocean. Daryl still got burned though. After we got to the bottom of the hill we went to the beach again to cool off. Exhausted, we went back home and Daryl took a nap while I worked out and then cleaned the floors. Boy, did we sleep well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home