Saturday, February 04, 2006

Flower-daddy

Saturday, the 4th-The Flower Market. In honor of our anniversary weekend, Daryl tells me that today he's my flower-daddy. So we go to the flower market (Eeeearly in the morning, really early.) with Christian and he gets me two large bouquets of roses. Then we go to the Korean market and get rice bun treats. Christian finds a box of honey, so fine, they sell them in laquered boxes. He says he's buying that the next time he goes to Burning Man. Then, when we get home we take a nap. This IS the perfect day. Mo invites us out for dinner at her place. She got a bag of Carson's Ribs sent by her mom and she wanted to share. Daryl and I bought ice cream to eat for dessert and then when we arrived, Mo was still in the process of cooking and so Daryl and I made rice pasta and vegetables. We had a nice dinner, although I found out later that the sauce is definitely not gluten-free. (Thanks, Daryl.) Then we went to Manhattan Beach to play pool at a place called Mr. Pockets where we met up with her friends from the plant nursery. I got a Shirley Temple and Daryl got a Roy Rogers. Daryl, as usual, does a fantastic job running out the table. I'm dying by 10p-ready to go to bed. I must be getting old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home