Saturday, January 14, 2006

Try some Yak!

Saturday, the 14th-Daryl and I went out to dinner with Mo and Josh, her old friend from Indiana. We went to the Kathmandu Cafe on Venice and it was terrific. You can get yak there. And they had the best tea. I'm definitely going there again, so if people come and visit and are interested in yak, let me know. (Yes, yes, they also have vegetarian alternatives, but seriously people how cool is it to find out what a yak tastes like? In North America of all places. This is the meat that gets people up Everest. I so totally want to know what it tastes like.) Josh told us about his travels. He did the vagabond thing when he was younger and went to all sorts of places including India where he had to share a room and a bed with a guy and a rat! He and the guy were freezing and they both thought about cuddling for warmth, but both were afraid of being thought of as gay. (Although, as soon as the rat appeared I have a feeling that they didn't get much sleep later that night.) They had a good laugh over that the next morning. But I'm telling you it doesn't really sell India to me. Although I hear you can get silk there for really cheap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home