Sunday, April 02, 2006

Daryl's Birthday/Dessert Party

March 25th, Saturday-We thought we were going to go downtown and shoot more of the Bunny, but instead we got a call from Christian saying that half a million people were protesting downtown and that there was no way we'd be able to get through the traffic. I knew that there was a protest, but I had no idea it was going to be half a million people. Christian was mired in traffic for hours. But it was good for me, because I had to prepare desserts for Daryl's birthday. So, of course, me being me, I put Daryl to work cleaning the house while I made the food. I made creme brulee, molten chocolate cupcakes, chocolate souffle, and cream puffs. (All the food was gluten-free.) The big winner was the cupcakes. I am so totally making that dessert again. (And it was so worth the trip to the culinary store to get a cupcake pan and paper liners.) Everyone tried all of the desserts but they all reached sugar overload too soon and I had tons of leftovers. (I hadn't eaten dinner so I made pasta while everyone was enjoying dessert. Because I am crazy.)

I had been a bit tired since I was temping at Disney Channel again. The drive alone is exhausting. But it's really, really nice to be able to visit Daryl when he's at work and have dinner with him. Tomorrow is Daryl's actual birthday, but we will be shooting the video of the Bunny and I don't think we'd have time to really celebrate properly. So, after we cleaned up the party. I asked Daryl if he made anklets for the Bunny suit. He forgot. So we stayed up late cutting fur fabric, safety pinning anklets, adding fabric to the back, and velcroing the head piece to fit more securely on Daryl's head. Collapsed at 2a.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home