Saturday, January 17, 2009

October 2008: Pigs, work, and Mo's birthday


October 12th, Sunday - Christian, Yuri, Daryl, and I all went to see a Tractor Parade at Underwood Family Farms in Moorpark. The tractors were largely antique John Deere tractors, kinda like this.

It was fun, but the best part was the pig racing. I kid you not, the little piglets love to run. Probably one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

There was also a corn maze that you couldn't cheat at because they put netting all around the pathways. We all got out because we followed Daryl and his never-get-lost gene. Here we are victorious.

In the course of the maze, however, I stepped in a divot and twisted up my ankle. It hurt a bit more than it usually does, but I just ignored it. And boy was I wrong to do so. Ouch. We also got to get gluten-free pizza at a place called PizzaSalad. So yummy.

October 19th, Sunday - And thus begins my tale of woe, I begin working 7 days a week. Monday through Friday I'm at Disney, Saturday and Sunday at Christian's. It's a lot of work, but I'm saving up money and we're nearly done with paying off our credit card debt. And one day, I will own my very own car.

October 27th, Monday - Mo's birthday! We all celebrated Mo's birthday at El Coyote, where Mo got drunk on tequila. Daryl and I left, of course, because 1) we don't drink, and 2) we had to go to work the next day. But Josh and Steg were there to make sure she got home ok. She also saw a real live bullfight in Mexico just the day before. (Just doing something new for her birthday.) Welcome to 38, Mo!

October 31st, Friday - Missed the Halloween party. Boo. And I had a rockin' costume, too: I was a hippo ballerina. I wore it to work, but not a lot of people dressed up. I didn't win anything this year in the decorating contest, but I did like my entry. Here's the bag from the back.

Here's the bag from the front.

Daryl didn't finish his costume on time. Boo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home