Saturday, January 17, 2009

September 2008: TROPIC THUNDER and DEATHBOWL TO DOWNTOWN


September 1st, Monday - It was Labor Day, so we saw a movie, TROPIC THUNDER. So very, very good. Robert Downey, Jr. is really having a good year. I wasn't that impressed with Ben Stiller, but the rest of the cast was fantastic. And I think I love Jay Baruchel. Also, the bad guy in the movie is a kid and he's terrific. Somebody, Disney, or Nickelodean should give this kid a show.

September 8th, Monday - We went to a screening of a movie called DEATHBOWL TO DOWNTOWN. It was all about skateboarding and skateboarders in NYC. I now know what an "Ollie" is and I feel all the richer for it. They also played a documentary before the movie about people in public spaces that I swear I saw back in high school. We went to the after party, too, networking a bit, and by "a bit", I mean Christian and Daryl talked to people and I just stared at my toes. Yuri was excited to be at her first Hollywood movie party. I just kept thinking that I needed to get home so I could work out in the morning. I am such an old person.

September 21st, Sunday - For our monthly celiac dinner we went to The Pink Pepper. It was very, very yummy. Pink Pepper Spring Rolls, Spicy Green Beans, Green Curry vegetables, Pad Thai. All of it fantastic. Highly recommended restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home