Friday, July 11, 2008

April 2008: Rollerskating, Doctor Who, Kung Fu, and Breaking Up


(I just found this photo. Daryl took it when I wasn't looking. Cheeky.)

April 1st, Tuesday - Ever since his birthday, Daryl and I have been rollerskating with Christian on Tuesdays. It's loads of fun and quite the workout. Afterwards we always go to my favorite restaurant to eat, so it's really a good evening out.



April 6th, Sunday - Lately, I've been going to a friend's house to watch DOCTOR WHO. It's a really good show featuring an old SciFi character I loved when I was growing up. Back then the effects were cheap, but the writing and acting were so good they made up for it. Now it's like the effects have caught up. I usually go every Sunday to watch the latest showing (and I watch it again when it airs on the SciFi channel.) So I thought I'd mention it here. Here's a nice photo of the latest incarnation of the Doctor.

April 15th, Tuesday - Tax Day. Daryl and I actually had to pay this year. That means we actually made enough to have to pay. I think it's a step forward.


April 19th, Saturday - THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM. I love kung fu movies and it was just a dream to see Jackie Chan and Jet Li in a movie together. That alone was worth the price of admission. They both got two roles, too! The story was so-so, but Michael Angarano does his best with two of the most popular and talented kung fu stars in Hong Kong cinema. There's a great villianess with white hair. She's got so much kung fu, her hair can fight, too! If only my hair could do that. Sigh. (There's badness, too, with a very bad urine joke, but I'm going to ignore that.)

April 20th, Sunday - FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL. I think my eyes have seen enough of Jason Segal's penis. Although, Hawaii looks lovely and you really do want Peter to get the girl at the end. Kristen Bell looks great and Russell Brand is delightfully weird in every scene. Paul Rudd is also good as a surfer dude. I didn't even recognize him. I do love that Bell's character actually is not that bad of a person and that Segal's character did play a part in the deterioration of their relationship. That's rare to see in a break-up/romance movie. Oh, and the Dracula musical with puppets was so impressive that the Henson studios want Segal to work on their next Muppet movie! Seriously, it may be the best part of the movie.

(OK, I have TMJ, which means my jaw is misaligned. Every now and then it'll get "locked" and I kind of have to jar it back into place. But it was never really that painful. Now, though I sometimes have a searing pain in my jaw in the morning and my jaw hurts when I chew for a long time. This is going to make gum a less likely afternoon snack. Ow.)

April 30th, Wednesday - Road Trip to Las Vegas with Billy. Billy, who also qualified to play in the tournament, offered to drive us out to Las Vegas. Fun! He has a gigantic truck, luckily, I'm small enough I can fit in the back, no problem. Daryl and I got a nice suite on the first night, but we had to move to the tournament rooms after that. (They paid for half.) I do like getting fresh towels and maid service every day.

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger wiltonwinrow said...

Is your TMJ related to rollerskating? 'Cause I had TMJ once and it was due to a rollerskating accident. I fell hard on the wooden floor (cheek first) and it dislocated my jaw. My dentist (Miami, Florida based) diagnosed me with the disorder, but luckily it was only mild. I only had to wear a night guard while I slept and undergo some PT sessions. I hope you're doing fine now, Alice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home