Friday, October 21, 2005

JOBS! and Working at Disney

Friday, the 21st-Now that Daryl is back in town, I am happier. I also got a week-long gig at Disney in their Media Lab, which is sort of a jerry-rigged place for getting stuff onto the web, cds, or internal dvds. The people there were extremely nice and I could totally see working there again. Plus, I was actually getting paid a normal rate. I love getting paid. Disney is now my friend. Daryl insisted that I drive there and back, which is around an hour-long drive. I got lost every day except Thursday and Friday and on Thursday I almost got into an accident because I realized at the last second to turn right instead of going straight. Whoops. And on Friday the traffic was so bad it took me 90 minutes to get home. The traffic jam was caused by the crowds of people going to the Hollywood Bowl to see Gwen Stefani and The Black-Eyed Peas. The only thing that made that ride bearable was the fact that I had Queen's Greatest Hits playing in the background. How can you be angry when Freddie Mercury is singing, I ask you? But I had a seriously terrible shoulder/neck ache from the stress of driving. Oh, and I found out that I could eat the BLATT Lettuce wrap in the deli on the first floor. (Bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato, turkey wrapped in lettuce with ranch dressing. Anything with bacon has got to be good.)

In other news, Daryl finally got word back from Audio Mechanics. He's going to be working there restoring music and sound effects to old movies and getting a regular paycheck for it, with health insurance. Yay! The only con to this is that he's going to be working nights so we can't car pool. But I'm just glad he's working and I hope he gets to work days soon. He's not going to start for a while, so this month is going to be difficult for paying the bills, but I hope that by next month we'll have enough so that I won't have to go through the humiliating practice of asking for money from my parents, who have become increasingly tight-fisted and annoyed with my constant asking. But we haven't got the checks yet so this weekend I must again ask for money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home