Friday, September 23, 2005

Stella and Jack and introducing Daniel

Friday, the 23rd-Luckily, Christian had to go to Whole Foods as well, so he decided to let me tag along since I am currently carless. My cousin Stella stopped by today with my other cousin Jack. (Hoon is the name I know him by, but he's decided to make Jack his American name.) They're going to be here for a day then drive up to SF on Saturday, then drive back to LA on Sunday to catch their plane at 6:30p. It's a whirlwind trip. They went up to Malibu to Pepperdine to see yet another cousin, David, then down to Palos Verdes for another cousin, then back up to Malibu to drop off David at Pepperdine. Then they got stuck in traffic heading back to my place, but I tried to get them good directions. We evenually ended up at Hite, a Korean restaurant, which is so Korean there is no English on the menu at all. While there, I met up with Stella's mom, her mom's sister, and her mom's sister's son, Daniel, who goes to UC Riverside. It seems I've got even more cousins than I realized. After dinner, we, which includes, Daniel, Stella, Jack and I, went to In-N-Out so that I could eat a real meal since the restaurant barely understood the whole gluten thing. Jack had never been to an In-N-Out and his sole goal in visiting was to finally eat at one. Afterwards, we went to a bar called Rainbow on the Sunset Strip. It seemed to be populated by a great variety of people wearing leather, with eyeliner and 80's metal hair. But apparently they're all friendly drunks. There was also a contingent of people that were smoking a variety of substances and drinking beer, so it kind of made me curious what kind of evening they were looking for. The bar was located outside, under an awning so people could legally smoke. It reminded me of Chicago bars. After last call, we drove home and Stella and Jack slept at my place. Although I'm not the bar-hopping type, let alone an alcohol drinker, it was still fun to catch up with my cousins and meet a new one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home