Sunday, October 23, 2005

Mo and the Groundlings

Sunday, the 23rd-Today was Mo's show at the Groundlings. I was very impressed by the quality of the sketches. All of the people in the show were very, very entertaining. For all of you that weren't able to attend, Mo's monologue got the loudest applause of the evening and I can say that it was well deserved. Plus, I'm pretty sure that her monologue had more profanity than any other sketch or monologue of the show. That may have been a factor, but she was terrifically committed and really nailed the character. Is it any wonder that she got the call that she advanced to the next level? I think not. She was a shoe-in. Afterwards we hung out with her and her fellow castmates and chatted about the show. They were all nervous about whether or not they were going to get in, but I think they should have been happy with the show which was a great success. We met Sammi and her boyfriend, who also acts and had acted in some soaps, some of which I had downloaded for Disney the week before. I mention them because when we saw VERONICA MARS we saw Sammi playing a teenager. Fun! Then Mo had dinner with us up in Hollywood (I drove because Daryl insisted.) at one of the cheapest Thai restaurants I've ever been to. It's funny we had to drive back so that Mo could go to a rehearsal for another show. Man, this girl is busy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home