Saturday, December 24, 2005

Tracy and the Chois, Kwaks, and Yoons

Saturday, the 24th-I got to see my friend Tracy before I met up with my family. She's had some serious health problems recently, but I think things are turning around for her. When we met, it was like we hadn't left at all, we talked just as we had done for years. It was great. I'm definitely calling her more often.

Then it was off to my mom's place. She had cooked a lot of food and so did my aunt. My cousin Esther, my cousin, Michelle, her baby, Benjy, and husband, Brian, and my brother, Simmon and my mother were all there. We had a lot of Korean food, which Daryl was so happy about. And we all watched Benjy toddle all over the house. Michelle actually gave me my favorite hand cream, which I loved because the sores on my hand were not happy, which, by the way, has only gotten worse, no matter how many creams I put on or how well I keep it moisturized. And I have been really careful. But I'm guessing that it won't get better until after I get home in LA. A lot of people think it's stress related. I also think that it could also be something in the water.

Daryl and I left to meet up with another one of my cousins, Stella, who just got a new apartment downtown. We ate Vietnamese Pho with her and her 79 year-old boss at a place called Tank Noodle. Stella refers to her boss as "her dorm buddy", which I would imagine is an enviable position to be in. Stella's boss is friends with the owner of what he considers the best Vietnamese Pho place, 777, just down the street. It was really fun and great to have nice, hot soup in the middle of winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home