Friday, December 23, 2005

Grandpa Frame

Friday, the 23rd-Today, we all drove up to Ligonier to see Daryl's grandfather. He was making us all lunch. It was a lovely meal and then he had pecan pie and cookies for everyone. ( I did not partake, but it smelled great.) Apparently, he's been doing quite a bit of baking for the holidays. I think I heard the phrase, "30 dozen" bandied about that evening. He's been keeping himself busy and after Daryl's father and stepmother left, Daryl and I stayed behind to spend more time with him. I can't tell you how happy that made Daryl. He had been wanting to see his Grandpa for so long. The man is fascinating and has worked on many projects that have affected the course of history, like the Apollo program. He recently lost his wife and I think he's been holding up pretty well considering. The Frame men, they live long and love hard. I hope that our visit gave him some respite from his grief.

We drove back to Chicago and went on the Skyway, which was supposed to be the fast way, but ended up being really slow due to an accident, of course, just before our turn off. And once again, we stayed at the Gumski Bed and Breakfast. And this time we had dinner there, too. Wish me luck, tomorrow I see my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home