Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Christian's back

Wednesday, the 7th-Christian's back in town. I stopped by to work some more on that tutorial, which I can't seem to get any headway on. In fact, at one point it crashed on me and I lost all of the changes I had done. I had to leave the room at that point. Daryl was away working on the documentary and I was sneezing like crazy at Christian's. I got so mad I took some Benadryl and got really sleepy an hour later and couldn't concentrate on the tutorial. At that point, Christian was deep into trying to install a new battery in his car and he didn't have the right tools so I got a ride back to my place to pick up tools that I knew we had. Although I had to get Daryl to explain where everything was. Everything worked out in the end and his new battery worked just fine, although he refused to put the heat shield back on since it wouldn't fit. Then he started to unload his van from Burning Man which was coated inside and out with fine, dusty sand. Every time he'd take out another box of stuff and dump it on the lawn, you could see a cloud of the dusty sand poof up into the air. It was like watching Pigpen in real life. He had his friend TJ, who also went to Burning Man helping him unload. And he also had a friend from Chicago visiting, too, Leslie. Her hair was so tangled from the previous week at Burning Man that she thought she'd just leave it that way and try dreadlocks. Everyone was still trying to decompress from the week and get back to civilization. I hope that Burning Man refreshed Christian. He says that it always perks him up for the rest of the year. As for me and Daryl, we've totally emptied out our fridge so I made him go shopping with me. We hadn't gone since his mom came to visit two weeks ago. We still have the Costco food (tons of meat in the freezer and some frozen vegetables), just not a lot of anything else. He came home late from working on the doc and by the time we finished shopping and cooking food it was time to go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home