Friday, August 26, 2005

Disneyland for adults

Friday, the 26th-Disneyland! We had a great time and Daryl and his mom got a great souvenir picture of their ride on Space Mountain. Daryl liked the ride so much he wanted to do it again, but the long line dissuaded us. It's still hot as the dickens here so we were always seeking the shade when we were in line. We also got to do the Haunted Mansion this time as last time we were here they had closed it for renovations for Christmas. We want to go again when it's closer to Christmas so we can see the "Nightmare Before Christmas" decorations. We rode the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride, "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride", the "Winnie the Pooh" ride, the Roger Rabbit ride, and the "Indiana Jones" ride. When we were on the Indiana Jones ride I got something stuck in my eye when they had the room with the poison darts flying by, so for half of the ride I was blinded. But it was just as well as I was scared out of my wits. I am just not made for rides like that. We also took the Star Wars related ride and watched the "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!" presentation. Daryl's mom did not like the fake mice on her feet. In fact, a family right in front of us left immediately after the "mice" started running around. I went to get a "mint julep" while they were on their roller coaster rides and was disappointed to find that it was self-serve. And this time we watched a bit of the parade and they actually had people on bungee cords doing acrobatics and people on stilts dressed up like giraffes, in what I assume is similiar to the Broadway show version of The Lion King. Also, the costumes were really good. Oh, and we also got a nice souvenir picture of us with Winnie the Pooh. But the best picture is of Daryl on Space Mountain with his mouth open wide in a grin. It looks like he's in the middle of laughing. Afterwards, we got Vietnamese food on the way home (I had to cajole Daryl into driving there.) and then collapsed. I felt like Daryl's mom was about ready to fall into her bowl of noodles. Disneyland will wipe you out physically as well as financially. I mean, it was a hot day. You felt like you were being slow roasted and they were charging $1.50 for a bottle of water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home