Saturday, August 27, 2005

Day of Rest and Sugar Highs

Saturday, the 27th-Exhausted from Disneyland, we all got up late and lazed around a bit before going to Target and getting baby clothes for Daryl's mom's husband's sister's daughter's new babies. (Let's see how long it takes you to figure out that relationship!) We were also on the lookout for a fan, but it was not to be at Target. We tried OSH and then finally got one at Home Depot. They were almost out! Strangely, the fan didn't do as good a job as I thought in cooling the place down, but it did help a little bit. We also noticed the See's Candies store right by the Target so we went in and Daryl's mother encouraged us to get anything we wanted. Apparently the prices there were very reasonable as she was very excited about it. Plus, they gave us samples. I think we ended up with two boxes of chocolate, two boxes of peanut brittle, two boxes of hard candies (mostly butterscotch), a bag of mint hard candies, and two bags of chocolate coins. Daryl's mother does not slack in the sweets department. I still couldn't eat much more than soup so I just had a few butterscotch candies. I tried a chocolate, but it was really hard to eat and took me forever so I decided I'd wait until my mouth felt better. Keep in mind, I am washing my mouth out with salt water at least three times a day, but no luck. At least I don't have my cold anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home