Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween on Santa Monica Boulevard

Monday, the 31st-Daryl and I decided to go to the parade in West Hollywood so we dressed up in black, Daryl put on a long haired wig, and I put on high heeled shoes (BIG MISTAKE). We parked about 5 blocks away and when we got to the action at around 8p we saw three guys dressed up like hurricanes. Then later on we saw two guys dressed up like two halves of a house holding up signs that said, "Where's FEMA?" and "SOS". Now that was pretty original. We saw a group of people on stilts and in costume, most notably a man dressed up like the devil. Imagine a guy in red body paint, with horns on his head, some sharp teeth and on stilts and it's pretty cool to see. I wish I could have taken pictures but we forgot the camera. I was running around handing out candy to all the kids I could see with bags, because we bought two large bags of Snickers and I wanted to get rid of them. Christian was dressed up like a pirate, complete with missing teeth, a scar, and loads of mascara. Carmelina, his make-up artist girlfriend was dressed up like a snow queen/snow fairy. Seriously cool. But by then it was really crowded, my feet were killing me and I was hungry so we left to go to our car, which took forever because I had to keep stopping to rest my feet. Eventually Daryl just ran ahead and got it and picked me up. Then we went to eat at Swingers where there were quite a few people in costume. We realized we had been walking around for around four and a half hours. Boy, did we get a workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home