Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Daryl's Mom comes to town

Wednesday, the 24th-Daryl's mom came to town! I was sick but she was ready and raring to go. We had lunch immediately after she got off the plane at the airport restaurant, Encounter, which looks very futuristic and had purple neon lights lighting it up at night. Daryl says it must have been the inspiration for Men in Black. Later that evening we played Tikal and Daryl soundly beat us both. For those of you who know Daryl's Mom, Carol Kelsey, she is quite possibly the best mother-in-law in the world. And according to Daryl, the best mother in the world. Unfortunately, she was here during one of our heat waves and we still don't have air conditioning. I felt bad about that, but we just can't afford any luxuries these days. And of course the weather is supposed to get cooler soon, so getting one now seems a little silly. I don't remember much about this day because I had been sick for a while and I was still taking Nyquil caplets so this day is a little fuzzy for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home