Friday, November 04, 2005

The Bus in LA

I've been told to add new entries a little more slowly as people can't keep up. So I'll try to space them out a little.

Friday, the 4th-I worked at Disney, which was great, but I took the bus, which was fine but it took me two hours to get there and two hours to get back. I had to take three separate buses, the 305, to get from San Vicente/Curson to Pico/Crenshaw, then the Metro Rapid 710, to get from there to Hollywood Blvd./Argyle and finally, the 163, to get from there to Alameda/Hollywood Way, Burbank, which is right where I needed to go. I waited for the first bus for 45 minutes. The Metro Rapid 710 was actually a really nice fast bus, but you had to get on it in a somewhat scary neighborhood. (Don't even get me started on waiting there at NIGHT for the return trip. I did it. But I wasn't happy about it. 45 minutes I waited for my bus. The 305 sucks basically.) The 163 was terrific and there was barely any traffic. But like I said, two hours later....I left for work at 7:40a and got there at 9:40a. VERY LATE. Next time I'm taking a different route that has a bus that actually may show up when the Metro says it will. Although this may very well be impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home