Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Nausea, you are a harsh mistress

Tuesday, the 13th-Maybe because it's the thirteenth, or maybe it's just my colossal bad luck, but today was not a good day. I had planned on working at Christian's until late into the evening, but found myself fighting the worst nausea I've ever had in my entire life. I had a boiled egg and some yogurt for lunch and was working away, when I slowly felt worse and worse and finally at around 7p I had to ask Christian to give me a ride home because I didn't think I'd be able to make it. I tried to eat a little but everything smelled awful, like garbage. I was bent over, walking around with an old garbage can waiting to throw up and I couldn't because I didn't have anything to vomit. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't even relax. It was seriously the worst I have felt for a long, long time. I waited as long as I could before I called Daryl. And I begged him to get me something for the nausea. He left work to take care of me. I so love my man. And I love the drug called Emetrol, even though the first three ingredients are all sugars. Daryl insists that I take it with me to the Midwest, just in case.

Now, just for some background. I had been feeling poorly since before we left for Thanksgiving. I don't think I ever recovered and all of my symptoms got worse and worse until I realized that I must have another ulcer in my colon. (Although the sores on my hand cleared up within a few days of coming back to LA. Except for a small spot that never itched.) So, I had to get my prescription filled. I hadn't been taking the medicine because I was trying to save money, but it became obvious that I really needed it. Did you know Walgreens can fill your prescription online, AND THEY DELIVER? The internet is so awesome. Also, I was trying to follow a diet that recommends no grains at all, which I tried before with horrible results, but I thought it would be different this time. Boy, was I wrong. You know, brown rice can be your friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home