Sunday, November 27, 2005

Walking into Walls and One Bad Trip

Sunday, the 27th-We had a lovely breakfast with Mary Land, Michael Metzger, Rik Lopes, and Mo. They took us on a "short" walk. (Poor Daryl was still recovering from Aikido with Michael and was really, really sore.) I must mention that we did get to witness Maurissa walk headlong into a wall-at full speed. Poor Mo! But we only laughed AFTER she recovered, although I do think that Michael might have laughed way before then. And then when Mary and Mo left to go back to SF, Daryl and I stayed behind to play RoboRally with Michael and Rik. It was the first time I've ever played that game where I didn't die and wander around aimlessly. Rik won in a landslide.

OK, now for the drive home. First of all, let me just say, never again. Never again. Never again will Daryl and I, or really, Daryl, drive from SF to LA on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I had no idea. I tell you I had absolutely NO idea. The horror. 30 miles in AN HOUR on the HIGHWAY. What were we thinking? We must have been on crack, if there was a legal, non-narcotic form of crack wherein you lose all your senses and decide to go on a 6 hour car ride on the day that everyone else in the world decides to do the SAME THING. It was so bad that all of the motorists I saw on the side of the road I assumed to be so fed up with the traffic that they just pulled off to weep from frustration. It took us 8 hours to get home and we arrived at midnight to a very upset cat. And I missed Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. I was so pissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home