Saturday, November 26, 2005

Mini-Golf!

Saturday, the 26th-We played mini-golf today with a whole passel of SF people and us LA-ites. We all got golf balls with different colors so we could tell whose were whose. Amazing that they made so many golf balls with so many different colors. The course was surprisingly hard. I think they were all supposed to be a par 3. And there were more than a few where the hole was around a corner that you couldn't see. And apparently I won. Could have fooled me, I felt like I was doing very badly. And when we returned our balls we got tokens to play in the arcade. Michael Metzger and I both gave our winnings to a little boy. And then we went to Diane's place bearing cheese and crackers and more importantly for me, RICE crackers. Half the gang ordered pizza and the other half ordered Indian food. Yum! Especially for the girl who can't have wheat! And we played a new game called CELEBRITY that was like a three-tiered game of 20 questions and charades. Everyone puts a bunch of names of famous people on a bunch of paper into a bag. Then, you divide up into 2 teams and each team gets a "caller" who takes the paper out of the bag and tries to give clues to who the person is and they can use words, gestures, etc., and the rest of their team has to guess. In the second, round they can only use two words, and in the third round they can only use gestures. I was told all of this beforehand so I deliberately tried to put in people who I thought were easy to figure out through charades, like, "Jesus", "Buddha", "Groucho Marx", etc. Where it got hard was when people had to figure out Tom Hanks and Drew Barrymore through charades. Not easy. And I have to say, well, the teams were, I think, unevenly matched. And then Diane decided to drop out of the charades portion so Elise and Daryl had to step up and do the charades twice each round. I think the charades scared off a bunch of people and I have to say I wasn't to thrilled about it, but it's good to do stuff that's scary every now and then. And then we discussed Maurissa's love life. That topic took up so much time we never got a chance to play games, so Daryl, Elise, Mike, and I played a game of Cities and Knights before we went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home